Dr Gary Lewis – An Australian co-operatives historian who re-wrote this prayer a couple of years ago.
- Save us from academics that pour over the entrails of co-operatives, then consign them to the footnotes.
- Save us from managers who think cooperatives are like their egos – bigger is better. (Many CEO’s educated in Australia with MBA’s don’t know or see the overseas value or vision for coops)
- Save us from Politicians who periodically promote cooperatives but, when elected, put them back into the too hard basket.
- Save us from governments who cut cooperation to suit their ideological pursuits.
- Save us from the headless dogma that has narrowly confined cooperation for economic enterprise. (Larger coops don’t see the coop movement structures needed to start and grow and support others)
- Save us from investors who believe money is always more important than democracy (schools and banks don’t understand coops)
Egar Parnell in the UK – originally wrote the prayer in the early … Read more